We have something special planned for youth this summer!
Join us for the first ever Summer Olympics program this year starting in July.
This friendly competition is for youth 9 - 18 years old to compete in a variety of activities to win awards, just like the real Olympics.
The full program will last for 4 weeks and will end with an awards ceremony.
However, these Olympics will have a small twist...
Instead of only competing in physical activities, you will also participate in other activities including scavenger hunts, community projects, taking part in skills-building workshops and much more!
How Will the Olympics Work?
(1) You will be tasked to complete a variety of daily activities and you will be awarded points for completing them.
(2) Each activity will be assigned different points. The best way to get ahead of everyone else is to complete all activities on time!
(3) Each participant will be given a unique identifier to track their points. There will also be a leaderboard throughout the Olympics so you can see your rank in the standings.
(4) During the Olympics we will provide you with the details on what to do each day. Some days will require you to go outside, and some days will require you to be indoors.
Here's a sneak peak at some of the activities in the Olympics:
- Quran Halaqa - deepen your relationship with the Qur'an this summer
- Leadership Workshops - strengthen your skills to be an effective leader in the community
- Islamic History Sessions - explore and learn more about our rich Islamic history
This is only a small teaser. There are more activities being planned that we can't share with you just yet!
(5) Each week we will check-in with all participants and their progress as well as update the leaderboard.
Tips on How to Get a Top Score
Tip 1 - Be consistent: try your best to do all of the daily activities to increase your chances to get the most points.
Tip 2 - Be on time: you may lose points if you are late to attend an activity or to hand in your submissions.
Tip 3 - Have fun: there is a wide range of activities for you to enjoy and benefit from.
Every youth who registers for the program will receive an AMA Youth t-shirt.
Here are the details for registration:
Start Date: Monday, July 4
End Date: Sunday, July 31
Ages for Group 1: Youth 9 - 13 years old
Ages for Group 2: Youth 14 - 18 years old
Cost: $15 per participant
You can register at the button below: