Join Our Team
We are on the look for capable individuals just like you who are committed to helping our Masjid & Centre serve the community. Each role has its own unique set of responsibilities. Choose the one that fits your skills and talents.
After School Program Leader
You will be supporting our upcoming homework club.
AMA Community Centre is looking for experienced after school program tutors for its upcoming homework club. Candidates will need knowledge in all subject areas from Gr. 1 to 12, but for the coming year the program will focus on Gr. 1 to 8. You will be working with students one-on-one and in group settings to guide them towards academic success.
- Implementing & managing a safe, productive learning environment for children ages 6 – 14
- Assisting students with their homework & assignments from school
- Promoting literacy skills through available resources
- Providing updates to parents/guardians regarding the progress of their child
- Planning and implementing learning activities to supplement the students’ homework and classroom lessons
- Researching or recommending software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Encouraging and motivating students to build their confidence
- Running and supervising recreational activities
- Being responsible for the safety and emotional wellbeing of participants
Monitoring the progress of the program on a periodic basis (eg. surveys)
- Excellent communication skills in English (French is a strong asset)
- Strong ability to manage a classroom
- Possess experience in working with children
- Punctuality and reliability
- Able to develop positive rapport with students
- Previous experience in a multicultural community or with children is an asset
- Provide a current Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
Rate & Contract Period – $16 to $18/hour for up to 10 hours a week. The employment period will be from September 2019 to June 2020.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter that explains how you meet the above qualifications to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply – Thursday, September 5 at 5:00 PM
Program Coordinator (Part-Time Job)
You will be helping to prepare, manage, and evaluate AMA’s community activities during the spring and summer.
The Coordinator will support in the effective delivery of AMA community programming initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. We have a multicultural community with members from diverse backgrounds. This position will focus on the creation, execution, and evaluation of AMA’s community events during the summer such as recreation, social events, skills-building workshops, community festivities, and more.
These are activities that have 30 to 1,000+ participants such as summer camps, educational workshops, the Eid celebrations, and more. You will support our team to implement a broad portfolio of diverse, multicultural programs that includes parental engagement, youth, women, seniors and broader community engagement.
- Provide logistical support to the various AMA programs for children, youth, women, families, new immigrants, and seniors.
- Ensure successful implementation of each program activity taking place at the Centre.
- Participate in the planning process to streamline operations and ensure there are sufficient resources to run programs at the Centre.
- Help with planning large community programs for various demographics such as summer camps for kids and adolescents as well as Eid celebrations.
- Engage stakeholders and service delivery partners for support for the priority neighbourhoods in the AMA catchment area.
- Use an existing strength, skill, or talent of yours to support the organization
- Adapt program delivery in light of COVID-19 to ensure health and safety for participants
How to Apply
This position is open for youth 15 – 30 years of age. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject line the title of the job you are applying for.
Deadline for applications is on Friday, June 25 at 5:00 PM. Only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
You will be supporting AMA with administrative roles.
- Provide logistical support to our committees who manage our programs (eg. promotion, registration, setup/takedown, etc.)
- Organize and write minutes for the meetings of our staff/volunteer committees
- Manage the weekly and monthly calendar of upcoming programs and activities
- Manage the community hall which includes handling reservations, adding/removing furniture or equipment, etc.
- Handle general administrative duties such as phone inquiries, email, and directing messages to the right personnel
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales
- Graphic design
- Flexible (eg. available to work evenings and weekends)
Time of the Year
Thursday to Sunday
12:00 to 5:00 PM each day
Thursday to Sunday
1:00 to 6:00 PM each day
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com and make the subject line the title of the job you are applying for.
You will be supporting AMA in identifying and monitoring potential investment opportunities.
The Investment Assistant will play an important role in the future growth of our organization. To diversify its sources of revenues, AMA is looking into potential investment opportunities to create long term growth and financial sustainability.
This role is responsible to:
- Collect and maintain information regarding Funds available for investments – Long Term, Medium Term and Short Term.
- Collect and maintain information regarding investment opportunities available locally, nation-wide and internationally.
- Compare and assess risks and benefits between different opportunities and best fit for long, medium and short term investments.
- Assist in investment analysis with the help of financial ratios, ROI, Cash Flow, XL Sheets and other financial tools.
- Keep an updated record of investments made, investment maturities, income/profits/rents due and their collections,.
- Keep an eye on economic and financial news and market (stock, commodities & real estate) developments and alert the next management level responsible for investments.
- Prepare background material and assist in preparation of presentations for various meetings on the subject of investments.
- Any other assignment given by the competent authority.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (preferably in Finance).
- Certificate in Financial Analysis or Portfolio Management preferred.
- At ease with numbers, mathematics and computers.
- Integrity, responsibility and dedication.
- Ability to work and meet targets with least supervision.
- Passion for volunteerism.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Portfolio Management, Financial analysis, Investment analysis or Financial planning/advising.
- Good experience in using XL Sheet formulas, Daily Market Reports and preparing Presentations.
- Experience of working in an Islamic Financial Institution at a relevant position is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject line the title of the role you are applying for.
Sorry, there are no positions available at this time. If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com