AMA invites you to the first ever Seerah Contest!
This contest has $3,500 in prizes to be won by anyone who takes part. It is open to the whole community and for all ages.
How does the contest work? Here are the rules:
Step 1 – Get a Copy of the Sealed Nectar Book
This contest will focus on the seerah (story) of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The Sealed Nectar is one of the best biographies of our Prophet (peace be upon him) to be written in the English language.
Step 2 – Read the Homework for Each Week
Every week we will be assigning different chapters from the book for you to read. You will need to read these chapters, or be familiar with what happens, in order to answer the trivia questions that we will publish.
Here is the homework broken up into 4 weeks:
- Week 1 from page 30 – 81. Starting from Muhammad’s Birth and Forty years prior Prophethood
- Week 2 from page 82 – 129. Starting from THE VANGUARD OF MIGRATION (in the Cause of Allâh)
- Week 3 from page 130 – 174 Starting from THE BATTLE OF UHUD
- Week 4 from page 175 – 225 starting from THE SECOND STAGE
Step 3 – Answer the Trivia Questions Each Week
Each Friday during the month of Ramadan we will release a set of questions related to the seerah of the Prophet (peace be upon him). You will have until Wednesday of the same week, just a period of 5 days, to submit your answers.
Rules and regulations:
- The questions will be released every Friday and the submission dateline is Wednesday.
- All participants should attend the short talk and the draw each Sunday after Dhuhr.
- No collaboration is allowed
- Only one submission per candidate each week
- The last date of receiving the prize is two weeks after Eid.
If you answer all of the questions correctly before the Wednesday deadline each week you’ll be put into a draw to win $50. On Sunday we will do a draw after Shaykh Ismail’s class ends after Dhuhr.
But that’s not the only draw we’ll be doing…
Every week we will release a second set of questions for you to answer. What will happen if you get all of these questions right 4 weeks in a row?
Good thing you asked…
If you manage to get ALL of your questions correct then you’ll be put into a BIG draw where 6 winners will receive a prize of $250 each!
Click on the button below to start answering the questions for Week 1.