AMA is pleased to offer an Islamic Video Contest on Reflections on the Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad (SA) for youth ages 8 - 18!
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about our beloved Prophet Muhammed (SA) and his companions. Through reflecting on his life, you will internalize important and beautiful lessons, wisdom, manners and much more!
The video you create needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes in length.
You can sign up individually or in a group of up to 3 individuals to film a skit, a presentation, or record your voices over a slideshow.
The contest is divided into three age categories:
- 8 - 11 years old
- 12 - 14 years old
- 15 - 18 years old
If your group has different age categories and wants to work together, (for example, siblings aged 10 and 13), you will have to join the group that corresponds with the oldest member.
Recommended Topics include:
- “The character of the Prophet Muhammad (SA)”
- “Prophet Muhammad's (SA) favourites” - you could include favourite people, food, activities, etc.
- “Youth during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad (SA)”
- “Accomplishments of the women around Prophet Muhammad (SA)”
- “The brotherhood and sisterhood in Madinah”
- "The resilience of the Muslims in Makkah and Madinah"
When Does the Contest Start?
The date that video submissions begin is on Monday, December 20. You will have up to 10 days to submit your video before the contest closes on Friday, December 31.
It is important to be mindful of the two video guidelines:
- It must be between 2 and 5 minutes
- You must not depict the face the Prophet (SA) or his companions
To submit your video for the video contest, please click on the button below.
Click Here to Submit your Video Today
What are the Prizes?
Each age category will receive the following:
- First place is $100
- Second place is $75
- Third place is $50
If you are part of a group then the prize money would be split among you.
When Will the Winners Be Chosen?
All winners will be announced during our Awards Night on Sunday, January 9 and prizes will be arranged for delivery.