Dear community members,
If you came to Masjid ar-Rahmah on Friday, Sep 11th between 12:30 and 1:30 PM and are NOT directly contacted by OPH, this means their investigation did NOT show that you had close contact with the confirmed case. However, they are recommending that you actively self-monitor for 14 days starting from Sep. 11th.
Recommendations for self-monitoring include measuring your temperature daily and watching for the following symptoms:
- Fever >38 degrees
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Pain
- Nasal Congestion
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Joint pain
- Decreased appetite
If you develop symptoms, begin self-isolating immediately, including distancing from others in your household as best as possible. Please call OPH at 613-580-2424, extension 74224. When leaving a voicemail, please provide your phone number, spell your name and indicate that you are a member of Masjid ar-Rahmah.
It is important to understand that COVID-19 is spread through droplets from coughs and sneezes, which travel a limited distance before falling to the ground. You can minimize your risks by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available;
- Avoiding hand-to-face contact – particularly contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth – unless you have just washed your hands;
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeves, not your hands
- Staying home if you are ill; and
- Practicing physical distancing, by taking steps to limit the number of people you come into close contact with. More information on what physical distancing includes is found on our webpage here.
- Ottawa Public Health
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Health Canada / Public Health Agency of Canada
Thank you for taking the time to read this important message.
The AMA Team